Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Summary

We had a wonderful weekend with plenty of painting, planting, shopping, swimming and baking. It was busy though! The first project I tackled was painting our master bathroom a beautiful sky blue color and it turned out even better than I imagined. I want to paint my whole bedroom that color now and use a nautical theme for the decor.

The best part was when my husband walked in and exclaimed, "You got blue paint drops on the concrete floor!"
Me: "Huh?!?"
Him: "Look at the floor!"
Me: "You mean the floor we are going to tile eventually anyway? What about it?"
Him: "I guess you're right, it doesn't really matter." (then he walks away)

I determined quite a while back that my dear hubby suffers from anxiety and control issues. He didn't want to paint the room himself, but insisted on telling me how to do it correctly. Since I painted every single room and baseboard in my previous house, I must not know what I am doing.

The next project was planting flowers in my flowerbed and I actually got some help from 8yr old son, which was really fun. They look great and I just hope they can withstand the Texas heat, that is always an issue here.

Sunday and Monday consisted of cooking out with my in-laws (so yummy) and swimming with the kiddos at our community pool, then baking some delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies (recipe will be posted soon). The perfect end to a great weekend.

Speaking of Memorial Day, as a former Marine's wife I can say it is really heart warming to see how many people remember the true meaning behind this great holiday. So many friends and family members made it a point to say thank you to all those serving in our military and their families for the sacrifice they make everyday. Without the great service of our military, we wouldn't be able to to have the freedom to share holidays or any day like this with our loved ones. Our family is fortunate that our former servicemen were kept safe and always returned home while they were sent away on a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog