Thursday, June 3, 2010

Homemaker or Burglar Hunter?

My neighbor and I have really become good friends over the past few months. When she gave birth to her second child and decided not to return to work it really gave us quite a bit in common. She has a 3yr old and 9 month old and I babysit a 2yr old and a 10 month old so they make perfect playmates.

This evening as I sat down, cracked open an adult beverage and started reading a few blogs, said neighbor called asking if I was busy. Being the "never say no" person I am, of course I jumped right up and took off to her house at her request. For the second time in the past two weeks she has left home and not closed her front door (the wooden one that locks, the glass one was closed). So in her great fear of finding a burglar in her house she forced me to walk with her through the house to see if there is anyone there. We went into every room, searching each closet while my son kept her two kids occupied in her suburban out in the driveway. Naturally there is no burglar and everything is in it's rightful place.

The whole idea of this is amusing to me, because really, honestly, what the heck could/would we have done if there had been someone in the house? Two women armed only with pink cell phones, hunting down a burglar. All the while, my strapping husband sits on the couch 2 doors down sipping his glass of wine. The whole thing is almost laughable and yet a little frightening at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog