Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Organization...or the lack thereof....

Why is it that no matter how many items I stow away in their respective places each day, by bedtime my house looks like a tornado came through? I feel like all I do is walk around behind my kids and pick up after them all day. Oh wait, that is what I do all day, and here I thought I was being productive.

Maybe it's just me or possibly it is due to the home builder's disbelief in storage space, but there never seems to be enough places to put things. I am truly organizationally challenged. No matter how hard I try to put things in order, I always end up with a pile of "stuff" that doesn't have a home. My biggest problem right now is the ever increasing stack of paperwork and the mound of baby toys littering my living room floor.

What strikes me as odd is that when I worked in the corporate world, my entire office space was meticulously organized down to the paper clips and pens all facing the same direction. People actually laughed at me because I was so particular about my stuff. I guess the organization kept me sane, because now that I am home all day among the vast amount of disorder, I feel myself teetering on the brink of insanity daily.

To that end, I am going to go on a mission to find something that will get this house and all its contents in order so I can sit on the couch all day eating bon bons and watching my soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog