Wednesday, July 14, 2010

When it Rains, it Pours...

This is what I get for having a great Monday and Tuesday this week.  Wednesday has been complete crap so far and it's only noon. 

We have been really trying to follow Dave Ramsey's plan for paying off debt and building up savings, but we failing miserably.  I have never been one to stick to a budget, but I have been doing really well in that respect lately.  I have a very tight and strict grocery budget and most weeks I can get all 4 humans and 2 large dogs fed (including toiletries and the like) for about $140 per week.  Sometimes it is extremely difficult and I get tired of hearing everyone complain that they are hungry and there is nothing "good" to eat.  I try my best to keep homemade cookies or cake around for them to munch on, but they devour it so quickly I feel defeated on a daily basis.

I guess looking at all the bills I need to pay this morning got me started in a downward spiral of depression for the day.  You just have to wonder when will this all end and just magically disappear?  Since the debt fairy has yet to visit my house, I did my usual juggling act and laid everything out on my spreadsheet for the next 30 days.  Still nothing left over, ever, UGH!

To add a new layer of desperation, while I was trying to bake a chocolate chip cake (see recipe tab) my son informs me that he spilled red jello on the carpet.  Since the carpet isn't exactly pristine I didn't freak out, just opened the cabinet under the sink and found the cleaner.  That when I noticed the towel under the sink was completely soaking wet, moldy looking and there was quite a stench in the cabinet.  CRAP! 

I proceeded to clean the carpet first and then came back to the kitchen cabinet issue.  The hubs and I just fixed a leaking pipe and sink mount a week or two ago.  However this was a different pipe, so I emptied the cabinet and began cleaning the disgusting mess.  Found a loose joint and was able to tighten it enough to get the leak to stop.  Thank you Lord, because there is no money in the emergency fund yet to pay for a repairman. 

When I finished the trash needed to taken out since all the paper towels had that stink from under the sink.  To my surprise the trash bag not only broke, but was leaking into the trash can prior to that.  REALLY?  REALLY?  There is no redemption today is there?

If I didn't have 4 children running around my house I could just crawl back in bed and forget this day ever happened.  But no, I must take advantage of the fact that the 3 little ones are sleeping (miraculously) to put away dishes and fold 3 baskets of laundry.  I am thinking I need a drink tonight, oh wait, there's no money in the budget for that.  DANG IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog