Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I want a pool...

I have been super busy lately and haven't really found anything in my life that I think is interesting enough to share.  However, some people may just be able to relate to how I am feeling these days, so here it is. 

After several attempts to take my children swimming in our community pool this summer I am done with it!!  I like my neighborhood, but it has been taken over by people who just don't seem to care about anyone but themselves.  If I could move to a bigger house with several acres, lots of animals and no neighbors to speak of, that would suit me just fine.  I am a loner like that, but my hubby is a social butterfly and would be absolutely miserable if the only beings to be the center of attention to were dogs, horses and cattle.  My mind is drifting already, anyway my solution to dealing with the HOA rules and idiots alike was to get a small pool for our backyard.

You know the kind, just blow up the top ring, fill with water and will stand up on it's own.  I opted for the 12 foot round by 3 foot tall version and it was actually much larger than I anticipated.  No, I didn't measure that out and yes, was surprised to see how big it was in the yard.  Call it laziness or whatever, I usually act before fully forming a plan when taking on large projects in the house.  Smart, huh?

Well a good 4 hours past and it was just about all full and I noticed one side about to overflow while the other was several inches from even touching the top ring.  My theory was as long as it didn't collapse, it was perfectly fine (and it was for about a week).  The kids and I fully enjoyed it's use for the 7 days it was in the yard so far. 



Everything is great and good, but then slowly as the week past this is what happened.

The pool began to lean to the right (or I should say down slope) and I was afraid it was about to flood the rest of the yard.  In my genius mind the best thing to do was drain it completely and go get sand and that is exactly what I did.

So last night when I came home and told my husband I needed his help to unload and haul these 50 pound bags of play sand to the backyard, he shook head and agreed.  Then we proceeded to stand in the back yard arguing about what spot was the closest to level and he insisted that 4 bags would not be nearly enough.  He was standing there making plans to get a bobcat and dig a hole or something like that, which sounded like way too much trouble as far as I was concerned. This argument carried on for hours and included me standing in the yard with a stake while he tried to use a laser level.  I still don't think we have completely come to an agreeable solution.

I just wanted a simple pool to make my life easier and make my children happier, however I forgot that in my world, nothing is ever easy or simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog